Something you don't see every day..

Drinking from my new favourite mug today (some sort of horseshoe/"M" logo on one side, and the other side CHARLES written in red), I looked up from my computer and saw a dog's face staring at me through the window above me. Smallish dog, maybe a terrier. Naturally, I screamed like a little girl and shot up from my chair. The dog didn't even blink. Then I realized that it wasn't looking *at* me, but behind me, where there was a dog bone on a plate on my coffee table. I forgot that I'd tripped over it yesterday and put it there, intending to bring it back to its owner when I went downtown last night. After my heart started beating again, I opened my kitchen window and threw the dog the bone (heh). Then spent the next 45 minutes measuring the windowsill and looking at curtains online before realizing that it really wasn't worth the trouble.
I think I should write a novel about it. Good story.

0 comments: