Lazy Sunday

No Chronicles of Narnia, but I've got a good Sunday routine down these days: cleaning, laundry in the evening, getting some groceries, making something delicious with said groceries, and listening to NPR podcasts. Tonight I'm adding in some dep wine, because I'm classy.
My very very good friend Ellen graduated from McGill's Schulich School of Music on Friday. I learned all kinds of things, and had others confirmed for me.
Learned:
There's a pretty small grad class for the music school, probably every year, and it's full of music jokes that most of the audience didn't always get.
Parents are jerks with their cameras and will step in front of you at every oppertunity.
People do not understand the direction "keep out of the aisles during the ceremony."
Confirmed:
Someone always doesn't turn off their phone, and there is a muffled ring at some point.
Even in convocation speeches, universities will still ask for money.
Bagpipers are always funny-looking in pictures. Sorry, dudes.
Beyond all of this, it was pretty nice. Not too long, and afterward we took some cheesy pictures and drank lots of wine (ok, *I* drank lots of wine). Here we are at the reception:

And here is Ellen with one of my favourite music schoolers (former music schoolers now), Nick Davis (never just Nick, always Nick Davis):

I have about 20 pictures from Ellen's harp recital featuring Nick in that classy pose. I'm a huge fan. Ellen left today for Toronto; on Friday, she's playing Nick's wedding. Before she left she and her roommates moved into a brand new lovely apartment, and yesterday we did some cleaning and moving around while blasting Down At The Khyber. It inspired me to grab some new cleaning supplies and go to town at my place as well. I didn't, of course, but I totally plan to in a few minutes. I think that some of the new cleaners (biodegradable!) that I bought are the most exciting purchase of the past month. Does anyone else get excited about buying new things for cleaning? I don't know, I just find very few things as satisfying as a really clean and fresh new sponge or mop. Lovely!
...I need a job.
Happy Sunday!

1 comments:

kayeffdee said...

I get excited when I buy ANYTHING, but cleaning and office supplies top that list.

This morning (after paying off my mastercard) I bought the 2005 Massey Lectures on CD and NEW GLASSES.