WELL!

So. I guess I've been doing this for over a year, and I wasted my 1 year anniversary on a whiny rant. Well played, Victoria.
I still don't know what this whole thing is about. I thought that if I kept it up, eventually I'd come up with some sort of theme. I didn't. I think I'm okay with that. Random updates are pretty fun anyway, right guys?
I'm working tonight, at the school bar again. I guess it's just "the bar" now. I usually save "the bar" for the bar down the street that I frequented nonstop when I first moved here, and still stop by occasionally, but I think the past year has bumped Reggie's up to #1. I keep having strange encounters with regulars I don't remember. Yesterday, for example, I went in to get my new phone pimped out (hey! I got a blackberry thanks to an amazing girl in Moncton and now I can't stop playing with it!) and after talking to the dude who was taking care of me for about 5 minutes he asked me if I was hitting up Reggie's tonight. Apparently he thought I remembered him, even though I was just being my ebullient (nice word, amirite?!) self. Then I felt kind of guilty. But he hooked me up with some sweet dealz, and I just promised that I'd buy him a drink sometime.
I keep accidentally deleting things on the phone, but now I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've progressed to adding music and playlists on there, so when I'm heading downtown or out somewhere with a specific purpose and probably just want some music for the metro ride I don't need to bring an iPod with me. Convenient!
The shitty side to working tonight is that I'm missing out on Joel Plaskett. I looooove JP shows, and an old close friend plays in his band, and I was super looking forward to this show. Unfortunately, my desperate financial situation has warranted choosing work over funtimes. I think we're still meeting up for dinner and/or breakfast tomorrow morning, but there's nothing like listening to a crowd singing along to True Patriot Love, Down at the Khyber, or Love This Town in Halifax. There aren't many times when I really miss that city, but listening to that song along with a few hundred displaced Maritimers and superfans is one of them. I think it's probably a lot like hearing One Great City! in Winnipeg. Except, you know, less ironic. I think I have a soft spot for JP because my first real relationship started with glances at each other at a couple of his shows, and the next few years included a lot of stupid inside jokes about Joel and his songs. And, of course, many more shows. He's an artist that I will always associate with one person, which really sucked when we broke up (ahem, each and every time we broke up) but mostly just leaves me with fond memories now.
I'm doing laundry for the first time since I came back from Moncton. I feel like a bit of a dirtbag. I really want to wear my new green-with-white-polka-dots summery halter top to work, but I think I need to fight that urge. First, I'd probably spill shit all over it. Second, it's a little ridiculous looking and the only way I think it'll really work on me is with a pair of denim capris and silly heels. I can't pull these things off. I buy lovely clothes sometimes, and then realize that most of them just plain don't suit me. Ah well, a sale is a sale and I'll find somewhere to wear it. When the mood strikes, and it's something do-able (i.e. I'm going somewhere that does not require me to bend over constantly) it's nice to have interesting clothing. I'll let you know if such occasions ever actually occur.
For now, here's a little of what most of us are missing tonight. I'm going to fold, and then try on 5 or 6 shirts and end up going with the first one.

1 comments:

kayeffdee said...

(ahem, each and every time we broke up)

I liked that line.


Also, you're do-able.