Man for Young Girl to Become My Wife

I'm a regular reader of the pop culture blog YesButNoButYes. Lots of great stories, links, funny rants. All-in-all, an enjoyable stop.
I hadn't looked at it all weekend, but then this morning I decided to catch up. Man, am I ever glad I did. There's an excerpt from a 2 page personal ad from some man in his 50s, looking for a new wife - but not just any new wife. First, read through the 19
"Quick Disqualification" items. Then move on to the qualifications - he's detail-oriented, that's for sure. Knows exactly what bra sizes he's okay with, and which he isn't.
Then come the religious aspects of the ad, which explain that he is a True Christian looking for a wife to serve and obey him (this is one of my favourites): "I want a woman whose goal is to be praised by God with the same praise God gave Sarah, Abraham’s wife, that is, God praised her for her servant attitude and obedience to her husband even to the point that Sarah called her husband lord and master."
Another favourite line: "I only want a girl who can legally marry me, so don’t worry, girls under a certain age must get written permission from their guardian to legally marry."
Brilliant!
Edit: just found another gem..."A woman who has sex with a man before marriage is gullible and lacks sense and has no self respect, but rather low self esteem. "
If you've got a few minutes, and I've made you insanely curious, click on over here to check out the rest of it yourself.

0 comments: