I like a song that can say "I like olives/I like you too/so when I tell you that I love you don't test my love/accept my love/don't test my love/because maybe I don't love you all that much." If you can incorporate food into the bridge, I think I'm set.
That song is Dan Bern's Jerusalem, by the way. A friend made me a great mixed CD a couple weeks ago, and I can't stop listening to it. I love the fact that most of my friends have impeccable taste. The Frames were a key component of that CD as well; if Muxtape was still an active site and not being investigated by the RIAA I'd post Fighting On The Stairs. If you have a real player, I think you can download this track (or some form of it) here.
It's now 8:05, and I was planning to be at school by 8:45 to beat the rush into the bookstore. The damn Frames search kept me busy for 15 minutes. I love the internet! Such an easy time-waster! This morning I'm going to see my bank account go into cardiac arrest over the price of some of these books, so I'd better just get it over with.. I'm betting I can go from sitting in front of the computer in pyjamas with a cup of coffee to Dressed and Out the Door in... 25 minutes! Go on, TIME ME!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, Dan Bern. I saw him open for Ani DiFranco, so I've seen him play that song live. Magical.

Tory said...

I bet it is! I'd love to see him play. Amazing writer.